This is what it looks like today! It's still alive!! Most of it is doing really well! The garlic is doing great(second section).
I planted potatoes here on the side. They took about a week or so to come up. I thought I had killed them! They are growing so tall! I need to put more soil on them. I've been told that wherever there is dirt a potato will grow! The tomatoes are looking good too! I have aphids! I found them yesterday. I have to work on getting rid of them this week! YUCK - BUGS!
This is my compost bin. I'm trying to learn this too! So far, so good. We throw our kitchen scraps in there with dirt and leaves and in a few weeks-months out comes beautiful fertile soil! It's just starting to "cook" in there. I've only got it half full so far. It's super easy and a good way to reduce our waste while making something useful for our garden!
I also have two bins on the back porch with potatoes growing in them!
No comments:
Post a Comment