Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ava Lea Swanger is here!

Our new bundle is here! She is a sweet baby! Joey is a very proud big brother, again! Emma was very gentle with her too. We are doing well and should be going home in the morning!
My OB appointment was Wed at 1:45. The Dr checked me and I was still at 3 cm. He offered to strip my membranes to help speed things up a bit. We also planned on scheduling an induction for Monday morning if nothing had happened by then.
We went home and had a late lunch. After that I went for a long walk around the neighborhood. I took an extra long walk. I was tired. I came home and we watched American Idol. After that, I had a little cramping, but nothing big. We went to bed. I woke up at 12:41 am with a contraction. It was pretty strong. I had another 10 minutes later and another and another. I woke up Aric and told him I thought it was the real thing this time. He got Joey up and got everyone packed up. By the time we were leaving, my contractions were stronger and about 5 minutes apart. I called the Dr and Aric called My Mom. She was already at the hospital with my Grandma who had broken her leg near her hip Sunday night. By the time we got to triage, I was about 5 cm. They moved me to my room and Dr Bass came in. He broke my water. Then the pain got intense! 30 minutes later, Ava was crowning! She was born at 3:26 am. She is 9 lbs and 21 in long. Here are a few pics...

2 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I am so happy for you. I'm glad that all went well and I can't wait to meet your sweet girl. Please let me know if you need anything!!

Jessica Brown said...

Congratulations! Yeah for babies who come out nice and fast!